Mentaiko or mentai, typical Japanese food derived from fresh pollock fish eggs has become popular on social media. Most delicious combination of tasty mentai also popular among food enthusiasts, like rich flavour of Dim Sum Mentai. With this easy recipe from mamasuka.com, you can create your own dim sum party.
50 pieces of dumpling/wonton/shumai skin
750 grams ground chicken
2 carrots (grate the carrots in a food processor)
4 spring onions (thinly-sliced)
4 cloves or garlic (pureed)
7 tbsp sago flour/corn starch
2 tbsp oyster sauce
5 tbsp sesame oil
200 ml mayonnaise
4 tbsp chili sauce
2 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tsp soy sauce
Bon Nori for sprinkles
1. Mix grounded chicken, pureed garlic, grated carrots, spring onions, corn starch and egg, stir well.
2. Add oyster sauce, sesame oil, salt, sugar, pepper and mushroom broth, stir well.
3. Add about a tablespoon of filling to the middle of dumpling wrapper/skin. Repeat until you have run out of filling and wrappers/skin.
4. Boil water quickly over high heat, bring dim sum to a boil for couple minutes, and remove from heat.
5. Place the dim sum in a metal steamer, to prevent sticking simply smear a thin oil, steam for 15 – 20 minutes.
6. Mix all ingredients for mentai sauce except for Nori.
7. Remove steamed dim sum, place on a plate, and pour some mentai sauce over top. Torch the surface with blow-torch so they’re a bit charred.
8. Served while warm with chili and tomato sauces.