Picture source: Gojek blog
Since 8 June 2020, specifically for Jakarta area, Gojek is back, but only in the green and yellow zones. As for the red zone regions, Gojek has not yet operated.
In order to actively contribute to preventing the spread of COVID-19, while at the same time obeying the rules that apply during the transition of the Large-Scale Social Restriction (PSBB), Gojek makes adjustments by changing its operational services according to each region.
The following are some guide for passengers to prevent transmission of COVID-19 while riding with Gojek:
- Bring your helmet. SNI standard full face helmet is recommended.
- Always bring hand sanitizer.
- Always use mask.
- It is recommended to use gloves when riding on Gojek.
- If you must use a Gojek helmet, wash your hands before and after use.
- Avoid touching your face during the trip.
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds after getting off Gojek.
- Try to make non-cash payment by using GoPay, credit or debit cards, to minimize direct contact.
Meanwhile, for driver partners, Gojek requires them to use mask, gloves, and always carry hand sanitizer as the main condition for taking orders, in accordance with government regulations. If there is one party, either the driver or passenger, who does not use mask, then one of them has the right to cancel the order and make a report through app.
Gojek also established a Safe Post to provide disinfectant facilities for drivers partner vehicle, the distribution of medical equipment and periodic body temperature check. Passengers can also check the status of driver's body temperature and vehicle cleanliness through driver’s profile after ordering Gojek service.