Prospective employees who are about to start their work in a company, or people who wish to apply for a visa to a country, are usually asked to submit a Police Certificate (SKCK).
Launching the official website of the Indonesian National Police, SKCK is an official statement issued by the Indonesian National Police through the Intelligence and Security function to an applicant to fulfill the request of the person concerned or for a need because of the condition that require it, based on the results of research on biodata and existing Police records about that person.
Police Certificate has a validity period of up to six months from the date of issuance. If it has passed the validity period and if deemed necessary, SKCK can be extended by the person concerned.
Currently, the Indonesian National Police has provided online SKCK application registration facility, so you no longer need to queue at the police station. To submit it, you need to upload the required documents, and fill out the form provided in the order.
The documents required to apply for an online SKCK include:
- Photocopy of ID card by showing the original ID card.
- Photocopy of Passport (for Mabes Polri SKCK).
- Photocopy of Family Card (KK).
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate / Birth Identity / Diploma.
- Photocopy of other identity card for those who do not meet the requirements for obtaining KTP.
- Six 4x6 color photographs with a red background, dressed modestly, face-to-face, and for the applicant wearing a head scarf, the photo must be fully visible.
If all documents have been prepared, here are the steps to apply for SKCK online:
- Click the Registration Form button at the top right.
- For the "Type of Requirement" column, fill it according to your need to apply for SKCK. This column will determine the place where your SKCK will be made with the choice of Police Headquarters, Polda, Polres, and Polsek.
- Fill in the Satwil section according to your domicile of KTP or regional identity. Except for the SKCK issued by the Police Headquarters, it can only be administered at the Police Headquarters in South Jakarta.
- If all fields are filled in, click "Continue" at the bottom right. A personal data form will appear that you must fill in, including Personal Data, Family Relation, Education, Criminal Cases, Physical Characteristics, and Attachments.
- You must also upload a photo. For the fingerprint formula attachment, you will get it at the police station according to your domicile. But if you already have the fingerprint formula from the old SKCK, you no longer need to take it to the police station.
- After completion, you will get proof of registration and a number used to pay online SKCK fes via BRIVA (BRI Virtual Account) or cash.
After making the payment, all you have to do is print the proof to get the physical SKCK at the police station according to your domicile.