Did not take long, Corona virus managed to make the world in an uproar. This new type of virus initially only attacked China, but now has spread to various countries, including several countries in Southeast Asia.
Last Friday (31/1), the World Health Organization (WHO) announced a global emergency situation over the spread of Corona virus, known as 2019-nCoV. This virus causes serious health problems.
Some of the symptoms experienced by people who are infected include fever, coughing, and shortness of breath. In more severe cases, this virus can cause pneumonia (a condition in which a person experiences an infection in the air sacs in the lungs - halodoc).
Until now, there is no medicine or vaccine that can cure 2019-nCoV. Nevertheless, there are several things you can do to protect yourself from becoming infected.
Generally, the virus spreads through droplets of saliva that touched other people, then spreads. Reporting from Healthline, according to health expert from Northwell Health, New York, United States, Eric Cioe-Pena, the best protection are wash your hands and be careful when face contact with someone.
Following are suggestions from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to protect yourself and prevent Corona virus.
1. Wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds with soap. If you are traveling, use alcohol-based hand washing that can work without water.
2. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with your hands that have not been washed.
3. Remain at home when you are sick.
4. Cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing with a tissue and throwing the tissue in the trash.
5. Clean objects and surfaces that you frequently touch.
Corona virus can be prevented with a healthy condition and good immunity. In addition, WHO also advises to not eating undercooked meat. Don't forget to always use a face mask when traveling.
Top Picture Source: Instagram @kemenkes_ri
By Isny Dewi R | 08 July 2020
By Isny Dewi R | 07 July 2020
By Isny Dewi R | 06 July 2020
By Isny Dewi R | 03 July 2020