Along with the COVID-19 pandemic that has not yet ended and the new normal that will be enacted, the government requires people to use masks (especially cloth mask) when doing activities outside the home.
Using a cloth mask is an effort to prevent transmission of the coronavirus, which of course must also be combined with other preventive measures such as hand washing routinely and applying physical distancing.
Cloth mask is a kind of mask that can be reused. However, so that the cloth mask is safe for reused, you are advised to washing the mask after using it. Even washing cloth mask can not be done carelessly to prevent damage to the fabric fibers and maintain the effectiveness of the mask. Here's how to wash a cloth mask properly reported from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention). 1. Remove face mask correctly and wash your hands after handling or touching a used face mask.
2. Mixing five tablespoons (1/3rd cup) household bleach or detergent of room temperature water.
3. Some bleach or detergent products, such as those designed for safe use on colored clothing, may not be suitable for washing face mask. Ensure the bleach or detergent product is not past its expiration date. Never mix household bleach with ammonia or any other cleanser like detergent.
4. Soak the cloth mask in the bleach or detergent solution for 5 minutes. If you want to rub the mask, it is recommended not to be too strong.
5. Rinse thoroughly with cool or room temperature water.
6. Lay flat and allow to completely dry. If possible, place the cloth mask in direct sunlight.