Provincial Government of DKI Jakarta collaborates with a number of communities, schools and Jakartans, also enliven the celebration of Chinese New Year 2571 in several public spaces in Jakarta by holding Jakarta Imlekan. In line with the meaning of Chinese New Year which is the spirit of unity, Provincial Government of DKI Jakarta supports the implementation of several entertainment, parades, and distinctive ornaments of China in a number of corners of the city, as well as a form of cultural acculturation in Jakarta.
"This celebration is the result of cultural acculturation that entered Jakarta and has been a part of us. I hope that Jakartans can enjoy these entertainments that will be held after work. This is what Provincial Government of DKI Jakarta says, that Jakarta belongs to all, "said Hendra Hidayat, Head of DKI Jakarta Provincial Education and Spiritual Bureau, at Jakarta City Hall, on Thursday (01/23).
The lively Jakarta Imlekan has started since 15 January, and will last until 9 February. The series of activities presented by Provincial Government of DKI Jakarta include:
1. 15 Jan – 5 Feb 2020: Chinese Food Festival at Thamrin 10.
2. 23 – 24 Jan 2020 from 17.00 to 19.00 WIB: Lion Dance, Tanjidor and Gambang Kromong shows in the front of Grand Hyatt and Dukuh Atas Park.
3. 23 Jan– 9 Feb 2020: Chinese New Year decorations and 12 Chinese zodiac decorations at Bundaran HI MRT Station, Dukuh Atas MRT Station, Blok M MRT Station, and Lebak Bulus MRT Station.
4. 24 Jan – 9 Feb 2020: Collaboration Lanterns and Wishing Tree at Thamrin 10.
5. 25 Jan 2020: Lion Dance at Thamrin 10.
6. 26 Jan 2020: Lion Dance at Car Free Day.
7. 26 Jan 2020 pukul 19.00 WIB: Wayang Potehi at Thamrin 10.
8. 1 Feb 2020: Koko Cici Performances.
9. 2 Feb 2020: Stand Up Comedy.
10. 3 – 9 Feb 2020: Peranakan Festival (Legendary Noodle and Peranakan specialties) at Thamrin 10.
11. 8 Februari 2020: Wushu performances at Thamrin 10.
Top Picture Source: Instagram @jakartaimlekan
By Isny Dewi R | 08 July 2020
By Eskanisa R | 08 July 2020
By Isny Dewi R | 07 July 2020
By Isny Dewi R | 06 July 2020