Along with the viral Korean Garlic Cheese Bread, this beautiful bread also popular in South Korea. Korean Purple Sweet Potato Bread has soft texture with delicious ooey-gooey sweet potato filling which perfect with a cup of warm unsweetened tea or coffee. Instead of buying this colourful bread, you can make at home with simple ingredients as we summarized from @foodie_renee down below!
1 cup tapioca flour (130 grams)
2/3 cup water (160 ml)
2 tbsp butter
1 ½ tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp all-purpose flour
2 tbsp glutinous rice flour
1 egg (medium size)
¼ cup sweet potato flour (20 grams and you can find on e-commerce)
240 grams sweet potato, steamed
1 tbsp honey
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celcius. Prepare a baking pan, cover with baking paper.
2. Sprinkle sweet potato flour above the wide plate and set aside.
3. Peel steamed sweet potatoes, put into a bowl or container, mash well, and add honey and mix. Divide the dough into six pieces, and set aside.
4. Cook water, butter, and sugar using non-sticky pan over low heat until all melted. Add tapioca flour, stirring for five minutes until all ingredients becomes sticky.
5. Put the dough into a bowl, let it sit for five minutes. Add glutinous rice flour, all-purpose flour, and egg. Knead the dough well.
6. Divide the second (flour) dough into six pieces, about the fist size.
7. Take a flour dough, put a sweet potato dough, fold, cover the edge of the dough and form it into a shape of sweet potato.
8. Place the dough on a plate with sweet potato flour. Rolling all dough until all covered evenly.
9. Put the dough on the baking pan and bake for about 15 minutes.
10. Serve warm with a cup of your favourite unsweetened tea or coffee.