Photo source: Pixabay
The start of the new normal era, changing the way in which several sectors operate by implementing various health and hygiene protocols. One such sector is the tourism sector, especially those engaged in the hotel and restaurant industries.
The Indonesian Hotel and Restaurant Association (PHRI) has issued the New Normal Hotel and Restaurant Handbook in Covid-19 Prevention on June 1, 2020. Reporting from kompas.com, Secretary General of PHRI, Maulana Yusran said, this guidebook applies to all people associated with the hotel ranging from staff or employees, guests, to third parties such as vendors, suppliers and others.
Then, what are the health protocols that have been compiled PHRI for hotel guests in the New Normal era? Following are the New Normal Hotel and Restaurant Guidebook on Covid-19 Prevention issued by PHRI:
1. For guest rooms, food & beverage, and events
- Management of crowds, queues and place arrangements, restrictions, and determination of the maximum number of people allowed in each part of the hotel and restaurant's public areas, including lobby, terrace, elevator, etc. are made by hotels and restaurants in the form of internal SOPs.
- Markers or posters or banners are displayed according to the needs and situation of the area.
- In areas where queues are likely to occur (reception area, restaurant, elevator, etc.) a sign is needed to keep a distance between one person and another.
- All parts of the seat must be set with a distance of one meter.
- Family who live in the same house and want to sit together can be allowed to keep wearing a mask, and can be take off when eating and drinking.
- Employees and guests are required to wear masks and all areas touched, objects and surfaces must be immediately disinfected.
- Providing handwashing place or hand sanitizer.
2. For hotel and restaurant guests
Hotel guests in the lobby area:
- The hotel must check and record the body temperature of guest who will enter the hotel.
- If the body temperature is above 37.3 degrees Celsius, guest is advised to seek medical treatment immediately and obtain medical permission before being allowed to check-in.
- If the body temperature is normal, then before check-in, guest is required to fill in the registration form and travel declaration that must be filled by guest before check-in.
Guests at food & beverage outlet or restaurant
- The hotel must check and record the body temperature of guest who will enter the hotel. If the body temperature is above 37.3 degrees Celsius, it is advisable to seek immediate medical treatment and obtain medical permission before entering the restaurant.
- The hotel can set a maximum meal duration for guests in order to limit or minimize the number of guests in the restaurant at a certain time.
- In areas of high contact by guests, including table surfaces and others, must be disinfected routinely.