This year, Indonesian Ulema Council (MUI) has called on Muslims to celebrate Eid at home due to COVID-19. MUI released fatwa (an edict) to perform Eid prayer at home during this pandemic. Eid prayer will be performed in the exact same procedure as it is done in the previous years.
According to fatwa number 28 of 2020, “Eid prayer should be performed at home in congregation with family or praying by oneself (munfarid), especially for those which already in the red zone areas.”, here are complete guide to perform Eid prayer in congregation which at least consist of an imam and three family members.
1. Give the opening takbeer (Allahu Akbar), tahmid or praising Allah ta’ala (Alhamdulillah), and tasbih (Subhanallah) before perform Eid prayer.
2. Prayer starts right after imam calling on “As-shalatu jami’ah”, without call to prayer and iqamah (second call to prayer).
3. Say the opening supplication “Ushalli sunnata li’idil fithri rak’ataini ma’muman / imaman lillahi ta’ala” (I perform Eid prayer two rak’ahs because Allah ta’ala).
4. Give takbiratul ihram (Allahu Akbar), raising your hands out of reach.
5. Give seven more takbir (besides takbiratul ihram) and say “Subhanallah walhamdu lillahi wa la ilaha illallahu wallahu akbar.” between takbir.
6. Recite Surah al-Fatihah and additional surah.
7. Ruku’ (bows down, places hands on knees and placing forehead towards the qiblah), i’tidal (raised both hands after ruku’), sujud (low bowing towards the qiblah) and complete prayer cycle as usual.
8. In the second prayer cycle, before recite Surah al-Fatihah, give takbir five times and say “Subhanallah walhamdu lillahi wa la ilaha illallahu wallahu akbar.” between takbir.
9. Recite Surah al-Fatihah and additional surah.
10. Complete prayer cycle as the first cycle until salam.
11. It might be done without a sermon preached by an imam if he is not capable give ones.
By Isny Dewi R | 13 August 2020
By Eskanisa R | 13 August 2020
By Eskanisa R | 10 August 2020
By Eskanisa R | 05 August 2020