As part of MRT Jakarta service innovation, PT MRT Jakarta (Perseroda) launched a ticket purchase app, MRT-J.
As part of MRT Jakarta service innovation, PT MRT Jakarta (Perseroda) launched a ticket purchase app, MRT-J, on 27 April 2020. This is also one of PT MRT Jakarta (Perseroda) steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19 by minimizing touch when making ticket purchases. Nevertheless, users can still make payment using electronic money card.
"This app is our initiative to follow the trend of using app as a means of payment transactions in the community. However, users can still use multiple or single cards and electronic money," said Director of PT MRT Jakarta (Perseroda) William Sabandar (27/4), quoted from jakartamrt.co.id. "This facility is also one of our steps to reduce physical interaction that supports the implementation of physical distancing so that passengers avoid COVID-19 exposure," he added.
This app allows MRT Jakarta users to buy tickets before arriving at the station and scan the QR code on the passenger gate, then enter the paid concourse area of the platform. Following are the steps to purchase tickets through the MRT-J app.
- Download the MRT-J app which is available on Play Store and Apple Store.
- Account registration can be done in two ways. Through your social media or select the Create Account option.
- After the registration process is complete, you can start purchasing tickets.
- Select Departure Station and Destination Station.
- Enter the number of tickets to be purchased. You can also choose the Round-trip option.
- Select Buy Ticket, then select payment method. Can be through DANA, Link AJA!, OVO, or gopay.
- Press the Pay button to continue the ticket purchase process.
- If successful, you will be directed to the ticket page.
- The Trip Ticket menu can be found in the second tab on the app. The main screen on a Trip Ticket contains ticket data that you have already purchased.
- To use the ticket, enter the Trip Ticket page.
- Select Tap In / Out to display the QR code.
- Scan the QR code on the camera at the station ticket gate.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, PT MRT Jakarta (Perseroda) also ensured the implementation of the BANGKIT Protocol is carried out consistently so that users are guaranteed their security and safety while using MRT Jakarta.
The BANGKIT protocol includes checking body temperature, installing distance signs at stations and trains, periodic socialization both through direct announcements and through social media, as well as disinfection of station and train areas, which have always been applied since the initial stages of the COVID-19 case were announced. PT MRT Jakarta (Perseroda) also requires users to always wear face mask, hand sanitize, and encourage non-cash transactions.