Tuesday, July 23, 2019
Tips
Tips

Tips for Planning Finance during Ramadan

Spectr News Theme Isny Dewi R.
06, May 2019
407

Entering Ramadan, you must pay attention to financial planning. Supposedly, Ramadan can save expenses because you only eats twice, at dawn and breaking fast. But the reality is just the opposite, many people spend more money during Ramadan. This often happens because of the price of basic commodities that always go up during Ramadan, the trend of iftar together until the tradition of buying Lebaran clothes. Then, How do you manage your finances so that you don't get stuck with the amount of expenditure? Here are tips on financial planning that might help.

1. Allocate Money
First, make a priority list for your expenses. Like buying basic needs, paying bills or instalments, and other important things. If you have, set aside a budget for iftar together or buying new clothes.

2. Break the Fast with Your Nearest People
Ramadan is often used as a reunion event in the form of iftar together. This is what makes spending more than ordinary days. On a normal day, maybe you only spend around Rp. 50,000 - Rp. 100,000. Whereas in Ramadan, your expenses for eating might double. This is the challenge, you must be able to choose which one you should go to. You can choose iftar with your closest friends or those who haven't met for a long time. The location of the iftar together must also be considered, if it is far better not to come.

3. Use THR as Best as Possible
You can use your holiday allowance (THR) to buy Lebaran clothes or other items you want to buy, so you don't need to use monthly budget allocated for basic necessities. But you should first set aside 30% of your THR for emergency. You can use the remaining 70% to buy Lebaran clothes or other.

Isny Dewi R.
Isny Dewi R.
Journalist
Registration